Bulgarian Hydrogen Society was found on 16.07.2003 in Sofia by Ministry of Defence of Republic of Bulgaria, University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy(UCTM) and Bulgarian Academy of Science (BAS):
- Ministry of Defence, represented by the minister Nikolai Svinarov;
- UCTM, represented by the rector – prof. Dr. Kamen Velev;
- Institute of Electrochemistry and Energy Systems within Bulgarian Academy of Science (IEES-BAS) , represented by the director – prof. Dr. Zdravko Stojnov.
- prof. Alexander Krumov Popov, DSc from Bulgarian Academy of Science;
- prof. Victor Hristov Anchev, DSc from the Technical University of Sofia;
- prof. Tzvety Bogdanov Tzvetkoff, DSc from UCTM;
- colonel eng. Kiril Petrov Stojchev from the Ministry of Defence;
- prof. Tony Georgiev Spasov, DSc from Sofia University;
- eng. Dimiter Pejchev Kateliychev – member of the 39 Bulgarian Parliament;
- prof. Georgy Petrov Visokov, DSc from University of Mining and Geology;
- prof. Assen Angelov Girginov, DSc from UCTM.